Thread: Men who quilt
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
quiltnmom

Let me tell you a story--I'll try to make it short. I decided I wanted to quilt & knew nothing about it. LQS is about 45 miles from where I live in a town with a Marine Corps base. I was looking around & was leaned over looking at patterns on a rack when I hear the door open. Don't think much about it. Then I hear the owner's voice say Hey! Joe! Haven't seen you in a while. Then I hear this deep male voice say well I've been on maneuvers but I had to come by & show you this baby quilt I made a friend... My head popped up & I was hanging on every word. When he left I commented that I was amazed he quilted. The owner said when he first came in her shop he had his 3 kids in tow. Said he was looking for a sewing machine. She asked what kind of sewing his wife did. He said it wasn't for his wife it was for him. His family was having a reunion & his mom was a big quilter, she had tasked each of the family members to make a quilt block, then she would put them together for the grandmother of hte family. Couple of months later the wife came in the store & said she was looking for a machine. The owner said the machine the husband bought was still under warranty. She said NO this one's for me. She & the husband were sharing the machine but he had so many projects going that he had taken it to work so she needed her own machine. So... tell DH that men do quilt!