Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
The machines find us; so, one day a Necchi Supernova will be mine.
Ah... here's hoping that a 201 treadle or a 201K or both, 'find' me. I'm a-waiting! lol
Ah, your 201 is waiting for you. Just after spending a week researching and learning about the 201s, I found mine at a garage sale. At first. I wasn't going to go because I like to stay up late and sleep in. I told my husband about the sale and he said just go see what they have since they are stating they have numerous vintage machines. I told him I don't think I will, but he encouraged me to go early. I was there just 10 minutes after they started the sale, and they had four machine heads lined up along with a box of attachments. Two of the machines had the bentwood box covering them. Well, I lifted the lid to the first machine and there was the 201. I was like this can't be...I not staring at a 201 with an external motor...no way. I quickly looked around, looked at the other machines, saw the box of attachments (which at that time I didn't own any attachments), and grabbed the box and put my hand on top of that 201. I then asked how much for the machine. The lady told me what do you think is a good price (again my mouth dropped). I told her $25 and she said $35. I said okay you got a deal. I was ready to offer an amount for the attachments when she said do you want a bag for those parts or are you going to put them in your purse as she winked at me. I could have keep shopping and picked up the rest, but I already had hit my jackpot for the day. Well, off went the motor (which couldn't be used anyway since it is for European voltage) and into a treadle.
Your machine is there. Have fun hunting!