Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Quiltforme

I went to my guild meeting tonight and they were hosting Scott Hansen -bluenickelstudios.com (no affiliation) I was so excited. 1) I had brought my quilt in my avatar in to see if I could get some help with the borders. The ladies that helped me were so nice I just love how they took over and told me what I needed to use :) They helped so much and I cannot wait to finish it!! One lady bless her heart coud not get her head around why I would use 2 different sizes of fabric for the logs she was so cute (she made me laugh because she was speaking before thinking and it did not bother me:) They even asked me to show it tonight it was not in my plan but I did it anyways. I was not ready because here is a person there that I have admired his work for a while now and he was going to see my little quilt. Well as soon as I showed the quilt there was the oohs and ahhs but the one thing that made me so happy. HE told me he loved my quilt and the colors I used!! HE LOVED MY QUILT!! Well I happy danced myself to my chair. Then he started showing his quilts they were amazing to see the quilts in person was soo cool!! The last quilt he showed was MY personal inspiration for my next quilt I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES!!! It was so awesome!! When he was done I went to talk to him I wanted to see if I could look at the quilt, well not only was I allowed to see it again I got to TOUCH it!! I touched a quilt that was in a magazine!!!!! I told him all about what I was going to do with the fabric I bought he said he would love it if I would post the picture on his blog AND HE would make sure that Laura Gunn (the fabric designer) Saw my quilt CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! Ok yes I am such a dork I admit it I am a sucker for a celebrity!!!

His quilts have been in Quilters World, Quiltmaker and quilters newsletter. he also worked with country threads (I am not affiliated with anyof them)