View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 05:07 AM
quilterella

My one and only DGS turns 8 years old on February 8, and boy is he excited. This is a little boy that dealt with oral cancer at the age of 4 and has had a couple of health issues since then, God Love Him. He has two passions in life, fishing and Mario Brothers, anything Mario. I wanted to do a lap quilt for him with Mario for his birthday. I looked on here and seen a few quilts done pixel style and thought "I could do that", but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I went to the free colouring pages and found a Super Mario page and printed it. With the help of my wonderful DH, we enlarged it and printed it out in sections in black and white. After I traced it all out onto freezer paper, I thought, I can do this. So, I appliqued all the little characters and Mario, it was actually quite fun. Anyway, here is the final product, I finished the binding this morning at 6am. I hope he enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it. And to satisfy his fishing passion, my DH went out and bought him a new fishing rod, and lures. He should be one happy little boy!

wrong picture...this is one of the pictures I had saved as an idea, posted proper picture under "wrong picture...SORRY"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158258[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158252.jpe   attachment-158253.jpe