View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
candi

Elle, I really like your colors. Can't wait to start seeing the different effects different color combination gives. This will be fun, I am feeling it already!

I am still in the imagining stages of planning this quilt, of course I'd like to get the book before I make any definite design commitments here, but I am thinking of enlarging the blocks to 10'' to make it easier to work with larger applique pieces. If I make all of the blocks( not sure which layout yet) it'll be a bed quilt for our room, which is painted in Pistachio green, and overall decorated with fall colors. I was leaning towards using some green hue for the background, don't know which one yet, but I'll know it when I see it. Then when I saw Elle's pick, I thought a yellow hue would be nice. Then last night, I was working on another quilt, and was using a brown batik for the inner border, and I thought, gee, how about brown for my background, it'll have to be the right brown though, yes, I'll know it when I see it, :mrgreen: OK, as you can see, I am obsessed! But I do love the planning stages, and so pleased I have a long time to decide on fabric choices.

Now it sounds like most are using a solid color for the background and batiks for the applique pieces?? I was thinking of possibly using a batik for the background, I wonder if that would distract from the applique. I'll be playing around with fabric combination when the book gets here.
Oh, and one more thing, mine will be less scrappy, as I don't have that much stash and rather just use some of what I have here or only buy a certain number of fabrics for the applique pieces. I can tell you one thing though, the overall colors of this quilt for me will be greens, oranges, yellows, browns and tans, if I was going to use it as a bed quilt for our room.

Ok, that was one big brainstorm :mrgreen: