View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I would have a vet visit. He or she may have an infection and it can be dangerous if untreated. Not to be ignorant, but can you smell the urine? If it has a really strong odor he or she(one in a while) could be spraying instead of urinating. This is much harder to stop than regular urinating. I had a female who would back up to a door and spray. We finally took that door out of our house and replaced it. She constantly had infections no matter what we did for her, which caused the spraying to begin. I also used some of the cleaners from Petsmart to neutralize the odor.
agree w/sadiemae...i had a prob w/one of my best behaved furries and took him to vet. turned out he had a bladder infection. she said when they have an infection, it hurts to urinate. so they don't use their box...it is like 'if i go in the box it hurts' so they go elsewhere...even though it still hurts for some reason they will keep it up...and not use thier box. my big guy never pooped...just wet...after antibiotics...have never had another problem. but you really should ck out at vets .... if not treated can cause permanent damage to kidneys etc. good luck.