Old 02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by quilter711
This board has started me looking for the perfect vintage machine. I would love to purchase one of these machines preferably in black with a long bed. My question is about nicks and scratches on the paint. Can this be touched up and not be noticed? I would think the black machine would be harder to hide (the beige machine may be a better choice)? It seems that ebay has a lot of replacement parts and accessories for sale. This should not be a problem?

Thank you for any help or info that you can give.
Nancy
Quilter711
If the scratch is small enough, on the black 301, maybe a little bit of black Sharpie is all you would need and then some car polish over the whole thing. I love my 301's and if you do get a black you will not be able to stop at just having a black one :twisted: ...heh heh heh. You will then find yourself looking for a mocha colored 301, and a two tone 301 (LBOW). I started out with a mocha, the next one was a LBOW, then a black. I now have 2 mocha's, 4 LBOW's and one poor lonely black one.

I see that you are in Massachusetts. How are you doing with heavy snow on your roof and are you ready for more snow tomorrow ? :-( My ceilings, all along the back of my house, are leaking :shock: :shock: :shock: