View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM
JanTx

Went to our local quilt shop - on an icy day which was supposed to be the start of a shop hop. Got to walk around and visit a lot - cause no one else was there.

One of the kits they had put together was for this strippy baby quilt. Bought it yesterday - pieced it today. I'll make this again when I need something fast. 4 varied sized strips of a novelty fabric and 7 strips of coordinating fabrics cut to 4 1/2 inch strips. This kit had 4 different fabrics for the 7 strips. Went back today and bought the sunflower fabric for the backing. Kit came with a dark pink mottled fabric to bind.

They've started having a $3.99 corner at this shop. LOVE that. Bought several things and don't feel like I broke the bank. Also have rolled fat quarters for 99 cents. Got twelve of those to make another project. Went back today and got some backings from the $3.99 shelf for some Works In Progress. Fun! Today is prettier weather so the shop was full. That was fun, too - everyone was so excited about what they were doing.

The baby this is for will be named Maggie Mae. Looks like a Maggie Mae quilt to me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117915[/ATTACH]

Newest quilt inspector
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117916[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117910.jpe   attachment-117911.jpe