Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Glenn
This was going to be a parts machine but when I cleaned it up I thought it would be great to have a HC. It was bought for 5.00 and the wheel on it was a solid one. It sews great. I have a spoked wheel on my 1916 redeye from my grandma and do not want to swap the wheels. Glenn
No No don't swap wheels. Your grandmother's machine needs to stay the way it was when she used it. I forgot that the Redeye was produced for a very long time. My Redeye is a 1914 machine with a spoked wheel of course. You will find a spoked wheel. Boy, that just goes to show that we should not pass up those throw away machines we sometimes see for parts. I could of gotten a trashed/thrown out/torn up Redeye for $5. It had the wheel and some parts on it still. My problem is that when I find something like that I 'know' I will spend the money to try to put it back together!

Nancy
Funny thing is I am like you and Glenn to me there is no such thing as a parts machine, I want to get them back together and running again. The machine that I got the handwheel off of for Honchey's Red Eye was cobbled back together and is in use in my studio. It is my FrankenSinger!! :lol: I think I used parts from 3 or 4 different machines to get it running (I pilfered a handwheel from a 185J for it). But it is a 66-1 and I could not let it go to the wayside!

Billy