Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
huggabug123

My husband blessed me with a Singer Futura CE-250 for Christmas. I am not sure, but I think it was near 8 hundred for it. It was a gift so I only know the appoximate I saw in Joanne's one day. Even though I love this machine, I would not recommend it to anyone who does not have a computer or technology geek readily available. The lady that sold the machine to my husband suggested that he not get the machine because it was difficult to set up and use. She was not kidding when she said you have to be computer savie to make this machine work. If it were not for my husband knowing how to go in through the back door so to speak, my machine would have gone back to Joanne's. Making it sew regular was a snap. It's the embroidery part that is difficult. It's difficult to find the computer driver's for it. It's picky about what computer operating systems it will work with. And as I found out one day while my husband was not available, the customer support at Singer was next to nonexistant. They tend to do updates that causes the machine to have to be reset up every time. And they don't warn you in advance of any changes to their software or drivers. You just know when you start to embroider and you get a ton of error messages. Since Christmas, my husband has had to reset it up three times. I don't know what I will do if my machine ever starts to mess up and I don't have my husband for technical support. I love the machine and have embroidered a lot of things. Everything turned out really pretty. I have learned a long the way that the machine was picky about the patterns it would accept. It doesn't matter if they are in the correct format, designed just for singer or not. My husband spent a lot of time figuring it out and making them work for me. Needless to say, I am touched by the time and effort my husband put into turning this into a great gift for me. I seriously recommend some hands on preview of any embroidery machine before you purchase it. That way you can ask questions and get to know what it is going to take to get you up and keep you running. Good luck. Can't wait to see some of the designs everyone is working with. ~ Carol ~