Thread: Busted!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
KSue

Originally Posted by Halo
I go shopping at Salvation Army & St V'S & yard sales a lot. Get lots of goodies that way. So when I do go to the fabric store my DH doesn't care cause he knows I don't over spend (much). Now & then I do get carried away. He took me to a fabric store awhile back & told me to get what I wanted & he would sit in the car, & to take my time. I was in seventh heaven. He came in to check on me about an hour later & with a basket full of bolts, I told him I was almost done. He said not to hurry & went back to the car. Another hour later, he came back in & I had put every thing back & had an empty cart. When I saw him I said I was ready to go. He had the most dumb founded look on his face & when we go to the car, without me buying one thing, he said to me "I just don't understand you sometimes". I worry about myself at times too. LOL
What a sweet, patient, husband you must have.
I believe as sewers we just like to look and touch and see what is out there. We can dream of what we would like to make and then somewhere along the way our common sense kicks in and we tell ourselves I really don't "need" this fabric. It is just a "want" at this time, so we go empty handed but happy we had the experience.