View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Gerbie

You will love cake decorating. I haven't done much in the last few years, but made boo coos when my children were small. I use to bake and decorate cakes for the public. Largest cake for an indiv. I made for one of my husband's nieces when she married - served about 800. A 3 tiered with a fountain, surrounded by 8 smaller double layered 10" rounds. I have a lot of money invested in all of my Wilton cake pans, books,tips, and other necessities for decorating. I love it, but working kept me from doing it a lot and I just haven't gotten back into it. It is also a good addiction like quilting. Some good advice don't loan out your pans, and I always greased my pans then lined the bottom with wax paper and greased and floured that, that way I had no problem with a cake sticking to the bottome of the pan, you don't want to have to use anything to get it out and scratch you pans. Never cut your cake when in the pan. I'm not an expert but if you have any questions, that I might be able to help with, pm me. Have fun. Gerbie