Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Billy, I am sorry to be a pest about the sticky/tacky on my machine (page 644), But, is the answer to continue cleaning the areas that are sticky until they are no longer sticky, or STOP cleaning? Thanx, luv2learn
When I started cleaning my Free treadle, actually most of my treadles - they get sticky/tacky because you took off the dust which made them feel kinda grainy. After the last coat of built up gunk - grainy - comes off from sitting for years and years, you get to the sticky gunk. Just keep cleaning with clean cotton balls. I go through a big bag of cotton balls -- don't use the dirty ones again! You will eventually get through the sticky stuff too to a nice slick shine. Go around the decals, clean them very lightly if at all! Do this all very gently taking your time - don't rub hard! If it looks like the original finish is coming off down to metal stop! This process takes days. Do a little section at a time. I even use Q-tips to go around the decals! I have been cleaning with Blue Magic TR 3 Resin Glaze, which really brings the shine out, but very slow going!

Nancy