Old 09-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Boo

Shaggy, another thought, do you have any idea of the price of sewing machines? A basic machine can start from 300-400 while a computerized machine can cost as much a $6,000. The prices in between will depend on the brand and capabilities of the machine. I high suggest that you actually go to a dealer or two and educate yourself a bit on what is available. My personal recommendation would be Janome. That is the brand I have and am very happy with. Each of us has our own idea what makes a good machine. Some have combo embroidery/sewing machines. Obviously, those cost a bit more. Some of us are happy with basic machines, yet still require certain functions not available on all machines. For example, needle down feature, multiple needle positioning, and free arm are what I wanted.
Concider what you can afford, and offer her the chance to pick a machine in your price range. I am sure this seems quite complicated, as each of us have different ideas on what is a good machine and what is our dream machine. Sewing machines are not a one size fits all sort of thing. :lol: