View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 AM
charismah
Banned

SHannon sent me this Fabulous quilt!
I looked at it for a few days wondering what to do with it...It is linnear in design but she had already used a circular designed fabric ..so it had nice motion...
I thought swirlies.....nautica....then thought no...doesn't seem right...put it away for awhile..then brought it back out again....those dark gray areas were just screaming for some good quilting because they are the place that kind of let our eyes rest but also bring out those fabulous batiks.

I have never qulted this design before....I practiced on paper...LOL..so the muscle memory will get there soon enough and I could have made it easier on myself by purposly making them big and small..(next time maybe)but it didn't call for that. I think that is the beauty of person quilting not computer quilting...I am not perfect..but I love the effect that it took on the quilt.
On the broken squares areas I did little flourishes and different types of flowers....to give it a bit of motion but not a lot.

Of course I quilted this all freehand..no pantographs or computer quilting and I quit on an INNOVA ( the best machine on earth..I am bias).

I love this little quilt! Thank you for looking!

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137235[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-137075.jpe   attachment-137076.jpe   attachment-137077.jpe   attachment-137229.jpe   attachment-137230.jpe