View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM
charismah
Banned

Dreamer asked me to help her make a quilt. She sent me a pattern and fabrics and told me I could arrange them however i wanted...but she assigned the last border fabric..and told me the purple one was her favorite.

SO this is what I came up with and I know she loves it!

The original pattern looks nothing like this..and I didn't want to quilt it their way either..so I did things my own way ( I just love Frank Sintra!..can't you just hear the song..I did it my waaaaayyyyyyyy)

I quilted it free hand..no pantos or computer quilting on my INNOVA.
...in all the floral areas I just quilted around the flowers rather than adding any extra design because that was the focus fabric and I didn't want to take away from it. That was personally picked by dreamer and I felt the blocks added enough competion for that fabric...I needed some of dreamer to stand out as she would make this quilt herself if she isn't suffering from an injury.
I wanted it to be HER quilt not mine...and so I tried to minimize as much of myself as I could. I made the pink/purple fabric the center of each block.. because that is her favorite and then I enhanced each of those purple fabrics with a little flower..that formed a bigger flower within the whole block.

Thank you for looking ...it is a beautiful quilt that Iknow will be treasured at home.

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138075[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-137995.jpe   attachment-137996.jpe   attachment-137997.jpe   attachment-138070.jpe