View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

This quilt is for my DSD. She requested blues and browns and left the rest up to me. So I decided on a Bargello. Just got my order from fabric depot - woohoo, just the little pick me up on a dreary northeast winter day. Some of these came from my stash and the selection is not set in stone. Here are my selections laid out in the order I think I will do them.
Problem #1. The darkest color on the end I only have 1/2 yard and pattern calls for 5/8 so I am a good 4" short. Those of you who have made Bargello do you think I can get away with it? If not I am not set on this color and think I need something that is more brown.
Problem #2. I do not have a photo editor to switch to black and white so not sure I have the needed contrast going from one color gradation to the next.
Please, those of you who have made Bargellos and those that just have great color sense, offer advice, input and opinions. Thanks so much!

The pattern. I will most likely add borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140693[/ATTACH]

all the colors laid out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140694[/ATTACH]

closer shot of lights
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140695[/ATTACH]

closer shot of darks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140696[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140688.jpe   attachment-140689.jpe   attachment-140690.jpe   attachment-140691.jpe