Thread: Free motion
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 12:53 PM
RhondaKay

Hi, I was going to get that slider thing too but did some research too and found that there are some other ways around it. So, if you're like me and want to "save money" I want to save all I can to buy more fabric...lol

Here is what I did.
I bought the clear vinyl and cut it to my sizes needed and covered just about everything with it, from the edge of the sewing machine to the covering of the table and covered my fabric table too and my cutting mat now stays in place, no more moving around the table. It sticks to the vinyl.

I made the mistake of buying the quilting gloves and said to myself, "wow, these are just like gardening gloves" but in stead of taking the quilting gloves back and buying garden gloves I am now using something better. I am using the little "rubber fingers" they are office supply things that I would use in my office for flipping through paperwork. This idea is GRAND! I ordered a box of them now. You get 12 for $2.00 or you can buy them each which is better because then you can try on one for each finger size. Oh, once you try these you'll not go back to the gloves. I use just the first and second fingers to move the fabric around. I am so glad I thought of this idea it works so great. For only $2.00 or like .15-.25 cents each you can afford to at least try it.

I'm a beginner and so I have to start buying all the stuff to quilt and finding shortcuts here and there or like this one... coming up with some of my own ideas makes it affordable.

~"addicted to quilting!"~
Rhonda Kay