View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Anne P

The reason I am sitting here in the basement with my two cats is because we had the same problem with one of them. Sally peed on our bed (on my DH's side, of course) a couple of times. Took her to the vet, where she was diagnosed with a UTI. Gave her the meds and all seemed OK until she did it again. She ultimately peed on the guest bed, an afghan in the den, and on the couch in the living room. We treated each area with order-eliminating sprays, etd., to no avail. After more visits to the vet, and more problems, we finally had to make a huge choice. Both cats are indoor cats and we've had a lot of neighborhood cats diappear, so I wasn't going to put her outside. Besides her sister would be lonely. Finally, I had my husband build a screen door and we put it at the top of the stairs. Now the cats stay downstairs in the Wreckroom, Sewing Studio, and Laundry room. Interestingly, Sally has never peed down here (well, expcept in her litter box). I miss having them upstairs, but at least I didn't have to give them away. They still help me with quilting, knitting, etc. and get lots of love and attention so they aren't abandoned.