Old 02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Blinky

Hi Lesley,

I am like you...would like to enter a quilt in a Show for once but can't seem to get one finished that I could enter. I was wondering if the judges would except a quilt done with the technique we are using for DJ as far as quilting it in the layers like we are or will do it in. I would think it would be more excepted if it were done with hand quilting in the ditch? I don't know...I am new at this. I really like your technique! I do think my hand quilting stitches improved with different batting. I used a real thin batting last time. Hobbs Thermore. It is so thin it is like not having anything in-between. You can get your backing stitches better! I don't know what I will use next...I have some Quilters Dream that I have never used and people say it is wonderful for hand quilting. I think it is queen size....so my question is for the technique we are using for DJ will there be more waste of batting? I am thinking that if you are careful you won't really waste? I will have to check measurements on the Queen batting that I have and also the measurement on the DJ quilt to see if it will be enough. Worst case I could go ahead and start with this Quilter's Dream batting and if I run out just get more...and that will work because I will be just using it in pieces. I am thinking out loud Lesley :roll: You know what I think you may need to patent your technique :thumbup: