Old 02-05-2011, 04:14 PM
BevD

Hi Blinky,

I am actually using 'Bamboo' batting. It is very soft and quite thin, perfect for handquilting. I first used Bamboo about a year ago that I ordered from Victoria, Australia and found it great to work with...have been hooked on using it since. I keep a look out for specials and it works out cheaper for me than W&N.

Originally Posted by Blinky
Wow Bev!!! Your blocks are great! I am behind the 2010 schedule too!!...further behind than you and now I am going out of town all next week to visit my daughter and attend a niece's baby shower. Maybe I can get some of the blocks that I already have put together and quilt them while I am gone. Are you using Warm and Natural batting like Lesley? I have used WN for hand quilting quilts before and I find it too thick to hand quilt through and my stitches on the back of the quilt are awful. But in this case you are having only 2 layers which might help. But you will eventually have to use 3 layers to do the QITD if you are going to hand quilt that part too which I plan on doing but may change my mind once I get there. Thanks for posting your pics!! I enjoyed seeing them!