View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM
berrypatch

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Maybe other quilters here with kitties can help me out here.

I have two cats and for the last few nights one of them has been urinating on my bed. I haven't caught them in the act so I'm not for certain which one it is, but I think the cat in question is Eddie (male grey tabby) as Ophelia (little black calico female) never ever goes into my room (don't think she's too fond of me) whereas Eddie will walk right in if the door's open. This isn't the first time its happened, but never like three days in a row.

Their litter is clean. They're getting fed. They're perfectly healthy cats. They're spoiled with cat grass, treats, and toys and get petted all the time so they are loved. However, they're acting like they're in heat so that might be one reason they might be doing this. But how do I get them to stop? I am sick of coming in from work to find the quilts on my bed were used as a cat box.
My daughter had the same problem with one of her cats (she has 6, yes, 6 - all house cats)& did have him to the vet. He did have a urinary tract infection and was put on an medication but the problem continued. Now, believe it or not, promise not to laugh, (lol)the Dr. put him on Prozac and he has been fine since !!