View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
sewingladydi

The other day I saw a craig's list offer of a Bernina 820 for $1,800. That's an absolute steal-I saw that same machine at the Bernina dealer today for $6,400.

I emailed the seller with some questions: why are you getting rid of it, is there any warranty, etc. Here's the response I received:
"Here is how it will work:
First of all I will need the following details from you: Full Name and Full Shipping Address.
After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices.
eBay will contact me and I will release the shipping of the machine to you (the shipping will take 2-3 days). After you receive it you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the machine. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment from eBay so that I can pick up the money. If you will decide that you will not buy it, eBay will refund your money 100% and the machine shipped back on my expenses."

So I called Ebay and they said it was not legit (which I figured)

I harbored the thought for a moment that someone had legitimately fallen on hard times. Well, I dreamed for a moment!