View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
pattis47

Welcome, glad you are enjoying the swap. I agree with you, most everyone I have met on here has been very friendly and helpful. I think it is because they all realize that each of us was new and a "beginner" at one time in our life. Quilters enjoy sharing their knowledge and talent to be sure this American treasure is passed on through the generations.

Continued success with your projects. I would be sure to put your completed blocks in a ziplock plastic bag, I don't use the ones with the red slider because they tend to get stuck in the postal equipment. Put the plastic bag inside a manilla envelope 9 X 12 should be good. Or go to the post office and use one of their envelopes to mail it.

You should include an envelope with a label including your return address and postage. ( when you go to the post office, whatever it cost to mail it to Chris, is the amt of postage to put on the return envelope so she can return it to you.)

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
This is my first swap, and in my eagerness, I have completed all my blocks, signed them, and want to get them in the mail on Monday.

I re-read the instructions but I still am a little confused on the mailing process.... Could someone please kind of elaborate on it a little?

Specifically:
what envelope size does everyone usually use?
Do I also need to include another envelope of the same size for mailing blocks back to me, self-addressed and postage paid?
Do you just place your blocks in a gallon size ziploc bag and then in the envelope?
Do I PM the coordinator for her home address?

Thank you all for your patience with this newbie! I must say, this is one of the friendliest boards towards newbies that I have ever encountered! It is so nice to come here. I haven't been here long, but I am already have a blast!!