View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
I'm in the market to buy a new sewing machine. Went to our local sewing center and I wand to get the Elna 3210 "I think was the #) but I've never heard of the brand before. }t would be brand new with a 25 yr. Warranty and he would service it for free for as long as he lives (his words not mine) he is also including many of the quilting feet in as a package. Cost would be about $400.00. So my question is, is this a good deal and is this a reliable machine?
Elna is a wonderful line of sewing machines! They were originally made in Switzerland, a beautifully well engineered to run like a watch, practically forever.
They sew straight almost by themselves..
To be honest, I must tell you that I think the company has been sold to...I think Husquvarna Viking, and really good machines are available at bargain prices. The 25 year guarentee, is believable because the machines are so well made.
I have two Elnas. I have a newish 6600 and a little old "Stella" that has had constant use, and has traveled with me half over the world!, been through two wrecks, lived on a sailboat, and has sewed a "million" miles of thread. I do not know if the 3210 is a bargain or not....You should be getting it about half the regular price.
I think it might be one of the Swiss made ones? Those are the best anyway.
Go to Elna on your google and check out the prices!
I wish you well! ....and don't hesitate to ask me for more
information. Jeannie