View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:50 PM
hazeljane

I have a sure-stitch with my Juki 98Q (mid arm). My understanding is that the cruise control is a speed control, but NOT a stitch regulator. This is the difference:

A stitch regulator makes sure that your stitches are regular regardless of how fast or slow you go. The stitch regulator only works on a frame, however. You didn't say whether or not you were using a frame.

The speed control controls the speed of the stitching on your machine- it does not make your stitches regular- you still need to move at a constant speed to get an even stitch.

To me, it sounds like you want the Sure Stitch. I was told I wouldn't need it, but I really like having it. It makes my quilting so much more even. Perhaps, as I get more practiced, I won't need it, but I appreciate having it now.

Hope this helps!

PS- The Grace Company is fabulous to deal with. I had trouble with mine, and with one 5 minute phone call, they solved the problem. (I had one of the wheels set wrong, which they knew immediately when I described my problem.). They are helpful and pleasant and very very helpful- explaining things over the phone really clearly.

good luck.
Maggie