Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Quiltforme

Thank you for posting this I too have been wondering what to use for help!

Originally Posted by aborning
Originally Posted by beateannkeith
What books, DVDs, websites, blogs, etc. would you suggest for someone just learning to longarm quilt.
I just got a longarm in December and my Dealer lives 2 1/2 hours away so I didn't get lessons from her. Shortly after that, I saw some suggestions on here for a couple DVD's and I looked them up and ordered them. They are: "Machine Quilters for Beginners" by Kim Brunner and "Just Do It--Freehand Design" by Myrna Ficken. They are both fairly long DVDs and both very different. Kim's is about getting the qult loaded perfectly, getting it square on the frame, and basting the edges, and some quilting tips. Myrna's is more on actual freehand quilting. I have done free motion quilting on my sewing machine but this is the first longarm I have owned and have never longarmed before so I was a complete rookie. I found both of these DVDs well worth the money and highly recommend them both. I also went on YouTube and watched a couple on "how to load a quilt" but everyone does it just a but different. But it still helped. Hope this helps.