View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:28 AM
lindyline

Originally Posted by BETTY62
Help, I am not good with a measuring tape, a ruler over 12 inches or math. Also, I don't always understand formulas the first go round and this is one of those times. I need to know if the quilted top in the example is being measured in 3 places from side to side and averaged out to the 41 inches? Next am I putting a 41 inch border on both sides of the quilted top? Then I repeat this process and measure the quilted top in 3 places from the top to the bottom and average that out to determine the size of that border Does the quiler cut this down to a smaller size or do I end up with a really big quilt? I am sorry I just don't understand and would appreciate help.
What you're being told to do, is to measure your quilt at the top, middle and bottom, take all these measurements, add them together and then divide them by three, to get the average measurement for the sides of the quilt. Then after carefully pinning and sewing and pressing, you would do the same for the top and bottom borders, that is measure left side top to bottom, middle top to bottom, then right side top to bottom. Again, add these 3 measurements, then divide this answer by 3 to get the average measurement, which is what you would use. If you need further clariication, pm me. :thumbup: