View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Yooper32

Originally Posted by Little RoO
Hi Cathy....
re the vintage sewing machine site...I haven't looked yet but I have the sewing machine that my aunt taught me to sew on when I was a child....it is in my loft and has been for about 20 years without me looking at...I reckon it is from the 50s or even earlier...if I remember rightly it has long thin bobbins and a long shuttle....have only kept it for sentimental reasons...will go up and have a look at it tomorrow maybe
Your machine in the attic will be a tad older than the 50's if she has a long bobbin. More than likely the 20's or 30's. I bet in no time at all, you will be up in that attic, getting that machine down and checking her out, cleaning, oiling, and revelling in such fun and when the power goes out and the electric machines are silent, your machine will stitch along merrily. I have a 127 and a 66, one with the long bobbin and one with the drop in round bobbin but still have to get the one cabinet in shape to sew on.'Well, long winded me started this to welcome you from WV and tell you that you have landed in the Motherlode of quilting help and inspiration.