View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Airwick156

Well its 3 in the morning once again. That stupid thing called Insomnia got ahold of me and wouldn't let me go. So this is what I did since waking up hours ago and unable to go back to sleep.
A friend of mine that goes to the little sewing group on Tuesdays that I go to has been bringing patterns that she has bought and lets everyone look at them.
She had one in particular that I liked. It is a Beach Ball Quilt with matching Tote bag. Looks easy to do. The blocks are done 10" x 10". There is a total of 13 "beach ball" squares and in between them are 9 patch with borders that go in between each beach ball. The Beach balls you have to cut out a bunch of "pieces" and the center circle. You use that wonder under stuff which I happened to have that I purchased a partial roll of at a yard sale last summer. So I made me a template for the two peices. I then I had 5 fat quarters of colors, red, yellow, blue, purple, green just sitting on the shelf that I actually didn't realize was there, so I am not sure where they came from. I bought a can of sizing and have been wanting to iron some fabric ever since I got it, but got busy doing other things that life expects from us. So I finally got to try the sizing out on these 5 fat quarters. Ironed up pretty good. I was surprised. So then I iron the wonder under onto each of the 5 pieces and then trace what seemed like a gazillion pieces, but actually it was only 112 total or something like that. I got them neatly in a ziplock bag with the pattern paperclipped to it so that the pattern doesn't get lost. So tomorrow, I am going to see if I can do the zig zag stitch all around the beach balls like it says to do. Thats going to take a lot of patience on my part and I am not too sure I will be able to be that patient. But I am going to give it my all. My husband and I like to take the two little dogs and go to the Oregon Coast and sit on the beach and most of the time it is a bit windy. And I saw this pattern and thought I could at least try to make it and that way we will have a "Beach Blanket" to take with us. I am excited to start it. Tomorrow, well today now, in about 12 hours the Superbowl will start. I will not watch it, but I might bring my sewing machine downstairs and sit here and try to do the whatever that is called around the balls. On a practice one since I traced 2 pieces wrong. LOL. So now I think I am going to attempt to go back to bed. Good night everyone or better yet Good Morning!!! Hope you have a good day.