View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 04:45 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
I live 100 mile north of Phoenix Arizona. It is a small town located in what is know as the verde valley. About 14 mile from Sedona AZ which is a tourist town and is beautiful red rock country with Oak Creek Canyon on the other end of town which is also beautiful. There is not much shopping where I live or culture. We go to the White mountains which is about 250 miles from here in the summer and it is alot cooler. I lived in Ohio until I was 15 yrs old and then in Phoenix for 30 yrs. and here for 26 yrs. Not much rain or snow here. It was cold here last week. Got down to 16 degrees a couple nights and one day it never got higer then 37. that is cold for us. It was almost 70 degrees today.My panseys are still ok I covered them up for a few nights. This is considered high desert and not very pretty. Mountains all around us.
Oh, SewingSuz, I was in Cottonwood,AZ when I was 12 years old. Had some family friends that lived in Prescott and went into Cottonwood to shop. I spent the whole summer there with them, from right after school got out in June till Labor Day. I just loved it. Of course this was over 50 years ago. Always wanted to go back. I remember the Indians coming down off the mountain and walking through town with their papooses on their back and moccasins.