View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 AM
desqueak

Originally Posted by Hosta
I live in a town (25 square miles) that used to be all farming now it is all houses and there is basically a main street with 10 pizza shops one grocery store and lately five car repair shops have moved in. There are also a wide variety of empty stores. There is no local recreation for teens nothing but a park with a fish pond. Our biggest building besides the schools is the library. We have only one claim to fame we host a dinky corn festival every year. I have been wanting to start a quilt group but can't seem to drum up much interest. I have been here my entire life my husband was born in a house a couple miles from where we live. I just wish there was something here to draw people out of their houses and into a community spirit. Everything that has been tried has died out after a couple years.
Hello from North Central WV......my Aunt was raised in N. Ridgeville, and my late neighbor taught school there. My aunt now lives in Grafton, and I visit on occasion, but not like in years past....my grandparents moved there years ago...but they have now both passed. Such a nice topic...I will post about my town as a new post.