View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Hen3rietta

Originally Posted by tweezy50
Does anyone else do this, or is it just me.

I start out with a plan. Goning to make a quilt to fit our queen size bed. Make four or five blocks. They are passing, for my standards. Not great but good enough. then I get bored with it and make them into a table runner or lap size quilt instaed of the queen size.

I feel like a failure even though they turn out fine because they aren't the size I originally intended. How can I maintain the focus needed to finish the size I wanted to begin with or atleast not look at them as failures?
Geez Louise, I'm a total failure then. I've run into this so many times. If it happens to me, I put the whole thing aside and let it sit for a while and if I still feel the same way when I see it again, I do something with the already made blocks or send them off to a UFO orphanage and repurpose the rest of the fabric. Sometimes things just don't work for me in spite of my best intentions and I figure I only have so long on this planet. There are things I must do, and things I should do, but quilting is my play time and should be fun. Nothing else matters.