Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Jupiter

Hi Jacquie,

I am sorry to hear about your fingers. I burned mine on steam from my iron a few days ago. Dumb me, I was trying to get sticky stuff off of my iron plate and rubbed it with a wet cloth. Major steam burn! Probably not as bad as your.

If anyone has WD40 (its a spray lubricant that my hubby keeps in the shop for odd jobs--I think it is fish oil based) as soon as you get a burn, if you will spray WD40 on it, a lot of it, the skin will still turn red but blisters won't form and the pain is completely gone. The next day its still pink but not sore.

Thats my 'tid-bits' for the day.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by jacquie
hi, i know i haven't started yet, and don't want to sound like i'm trying to 'teach grannies to suck eggs' (old british saying...)
but as i read the start of the book yesterday, it's still kinda fresh in my mind...
'Penny Haren' was saying about where there are several layers, don't try and sew through all the layers, but only the top layers... when applying applique pieces.
does that make sense?
i was going to start today, but burnt the top of my left hand across 4 fingers on my 'iron press' and it's darn sore!!! :(
my sewing will have to wait... :(