View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

The mind is made up. There wasn't a stampede of people wanting to have a schedule of easier to more difficult, so I'm going to abandon that idea.

I wasn't going to change the master schedule, just work up one for those who wanted to start out easier. Our first 2 blocks are "Beginner" level, followed by an "Advance" level one.

I didn't see any block that was "Impossible." :) As Elle pointed out, after our Dear Jane blocks, these are gonna be a piece o' cake!!! The largest number of pieces is Block #22 with 44 pieces. Shoot, one of the kites of DJ had 75 pieces & I don't think the square inches of the kite equals the square inches of a 7" AOTH block.

About the only place that will be tricky is where there are some of those long, pointy ends. For those doing needle turn - tricky to get the seam allowances hidden & still have a nice sharp point. For the machine appliquers, it's working the zig zag (or buttonhole) stitch down to next to nothing at the end & back up again.

Lesley, I want you to do whatever you are comfortable doing, whenever you want to do it. I love having you on my right hand, with Patti on my left and Elle on my other left! :)

Well, I'm off to get more water & the Sunday paper. An article about my quilt program is on the front page, above the fold!!! They did it as a follow-up to the magazine article. I wish I could send you a link to it, but this blasted paper only lets you see the front page if you're a paid subscriber. Even their archives are locked! I have it downloaded to our puter, but since it's copyrighted, I can't even send that to you. Drat & double drat! :thumbdown: