View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

OMG if my mom did that to me, the conversation would have been:
Mom: What are you doing?
Me: Oh, just binding my quilt.
Mom: Oh, really, how are you binding it?
Me: Nunya.
Mom: Nonya, are you cheating and folding it over?
Me: Nunyabizness.

Kidding, I would have never smarted off to my mom. But my DAD is like that... I made a quilt for my nephew two years ago. I couldn't attend the wedding due to funds (out of town) so he came to get it to deliver it for us. He was all huffy because I had just a little more stitching to do. I made him wait his impatient little tookis until I was done, and wrapped it all pretty.

During all this, he was making sarcastic remarks (you know, they had a registry at Target & Kohls, and they were asking for blenders and yadda yadda...) I smarted off and said "Well, no one will be giving them the same gift as us, this is a box of love". He gave me a disapproving look.

Needless to say, the back fabric on that wedding quilt was turned over for the binding. My new neice (bride) made sure to call me when they arrived back down in Florida that this quilt was her FAVE gift from all they were given, as Nick liked to turn the air conditioning on high, and without it she would have frozen on the drive from Indy to Miami. She LOVES it. so pishaw to your mom. Do your quilts the way that make you happy. Its none of her business, she sounds like a control freak.