Old 02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
wildyard

So, today I made just a couple changes to the layout that were suggested to me. Thank you so much for the time you all spent looking at my layout and giving it your serious attention and thoughts. I appreciate the input and it was good stuff!

I had planned to use a lot of the scrappy strips for putting the blocks together and filling in between them. What happened is that as I placed them on the wall that way, it became really busy. To the point it was making me seasick, LOL. I surely do NOT want to do that to my sister. Also, it was so busy that the blocks kinda got lost in it.

So, I had to step back and formulate a new plan. I still used a few scrappy strips, but used them to make a few blocks larger rather than just plugging them in helter skelter.
I will try to use them for a border around the whole quilt as I can work it out.
I made some happy changes to the Be Healthy/Apple block; added sashing that has a health reminder in the center of each one [eat fruit, seeds and nuts, get lots of sleep, treat yourself].

Today I also joined together the blocks in the top right and bottom right sections.

top right section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122212[/ATTACH]

bottom right section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122213[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122207.jpe   attachment-122208.jpe