View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
moggie

Wello from this lone Aussie quilter that comes to the US twice a year & hunts out all the various quilts shops in the various states I visit ....I will say this....that I do find the fabric from JA very poor quality...& one way that one can tell, is that all their fabric is very heavily starched. And then when it is washed - its just like limp jelly fish!!

So now I don't buy any of their fabrics, other products yes .....& books (only is printed in the US) - & various other items. This is just my opinion for what its worth......& besides that...here's another....when I buy from the various quilting stores that are small, then I am doing my bit for the US economy - as those stores I have actually found - various items that are still made in the US & that to me is very important that my US dollars are going back to the US & not to China.

Quilters....check out your local quilt stores & you will find many things that are still made in the US....sure we may pay a bit more - but hey that bit more is paying a wage to a worker in the US & who in turn will spend in the US be it at a gas station or buying groceries.

Cheers all & God Bless you all....& to all the quilters that welcomed me (the lone Aussie quilter) thanks heaps...as this is the best ever find for me.