View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Suziuki

Woody, Was so excited that the process worked that I posted straight away, ironed the fabric as soon as I printed it in the hope that this would set it, but plan was to also wash it with a vinegar solution to further set it. Will keep you posted.

PatriceJ, Thank you for your information, don't know what brand the freezer paper is, freezer paper is not available in our supermarkets, we have to purchase it from craft stores, paid A$1.75 per metre for it, but I think it is Reynolds brand. Since buying by the metre someone on this board did give a link to a company here in Australia that sells a lot of American products, will buy from them when I need to re-stock, will also try to get color catchers as we don't seem to have anything like that either.

When doing applique I also get more than two uses from the freezer paper, but my printer wasn't over friendly when I tried to do it more than twice, the edges did need to be stuck very well and after two prints this seemed to be the area that was compromised, could have cut it back but then would not have been able to fit my design on it.

It's all trial and error, and info from this board. Anything to make the process cheaper.