View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 11:34 AM
patricej
Administrator

i don't know what your local shopportunities will be come the 1st. it's a fairly safe bet all the xmas fabs will be gone from the walmart shelves by then. i bought nearly all my christmas fabs there last year at full price. this year was a different story altogether. none of it struck my fancy. but, when i read your post, i got my car went to check our local wallyworld. i would have bought some to hold for you but i like you too much. they had only four left as of noon, today. even at half price, they were charging twice what they should have for these particular fabs. you are not missing a thing. ;-)

here's the thing to remember: holiday fabrics - especially christmas - are available all year long. you can usually find at least a few on sale somewhere online during any given month. (and sometime in late summer, hancock's will roll out their new christmas fabs at around 60% off. if you aren't already on their email list, join today.)

try playing the fabshophops whenever they come around. when i play i do at least two things at each stop: (1) beat my brains out hunting the bunny; and then (2) head straight to the clearance page. there are usually at least a few interesting christmas fabs at more than half-off. sooooo much less stressful to spend a little at a time ... when I want to spend it ... than to join the after-xmas feeding frenzy. i get caught up in the "moment" and come home with piles of stuff i'd never have bought under normal conditions. in the end, i'm sure i spend less by getting it when i'm calling the shots.