Thread: A Good Deed
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Qbee

First let me say that a I think that is WONDERFUL of you! Second, I agree with you, I am appauled that they would let a child sit there with no snack while everyone around her had milk, etc. because the parents could not or did not send money. I always told my kid's teachers that if there was a child who didn't have money for lunch, field trips, the little quarterly magazines, whatever...to let me know. I was one of those kids and can not tell you what a horrible feeling it is to be the one child sitting in the library while the rest of your class is at the ballet or the one kid who didn't get the monthly "Zoo Paper" or whatever. Sometimes the parents can't afford it and sometimes they simply choose not to send it but whatever the reason...that child will FOREVER appreciate you kindness.....so THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Early December, My lil girl came home from school and said that her friend was crying cause they didn't have milk for snack time... I called the teacher and she said some kids have to do with out as parents cant or wont send $. Now they have a running tab for any child in her classroom that wants milk, I will pay for it.. I keep an extra Lunch money fund in her backpack/folder so If there is a child with out lunch the teacher can use it..

Its not the child's fault some fall on hard times..