Old 02-06-2011, 07:20 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Last night, before going to bed, I checked on Craigslist one more time. There was a Singer 201-2 (in a # 71 cabinet) for sale for $75.00--in a town less than a hour from me. I answered the ad right away and looked for a reply when I woke up this morning. It was still available!! I packed the kids in the car, stopped at the bank, got a coffee at DD and off we went :mrgreen: It belonged to the sellers MIL. The decals are wonderful but there is some chipped paint on the light hood--not a problem.

I can't believe it!! I've been drooling over everyone elses 'new' 201-2's for the past few weeks and have restrained myself from bidding on one on eBay. Now I don't have any more machines on my "wish list"---maybe this will be my last one :roll: ;)

I just checked the serial number and it was manufactured on April 8, 1953--woooo hoooo--my birth year!
You can cover the scratches with the black nail polish all the kids wear. (Don't waste your money buying a cheap one. You will have to do several coats if you do.) Car touch up paint would also work. You can buy it at NAPA. Nice gift to you!