View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Obsessed

Originally Posted by Lacelady
For those of you whose books haven't yet arrived, I think I would advise you to wait a little before agonising about colour schemes, especially as there is plenty of time to go.

Otherwise, try assembling some colours from your stash that you think you might use, and when you have a handful of them, try them out on different colours that could be backgrounds.

Auditioning this way might help you come to a decision, or at least decide whether to go for a dark background, or a light one. And don't forget, there is still plenty of time to change your mind too!

Yes there is plenty of time for us to change our minds, and I already have!!! I got the book and since looking at all of the pictures (I was disappointed in the stitching in the book too... but I'm over it!) I've decided that my unbleached muslin and autumn batiks is no longer the way to go. I've decided to make this quilt for my daughter - I've rearranged the layout to make my 36 blocks into a twin size - and I am planning a white background with pinks and purples the predominant colors in the applique. My daughter just turned three and is in a toddler bed now - I will give her this when it is time for her to move into a twin size. I decided that although the colors do really pop on the black background, it's not really right for a little girl's bedroom. Besides, we have a white cat that likes to camp out on her bed...

That is the plan.... for now.... June is a long way away!