Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Edie

I made a fantastic dinner last night, roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed kohlrabi, salad and my husband and I plopped ourselves in front of the tv to watch the Super Bowl. (Remember here, please, that I am still watching my intake of food - since my 23# loss last month). And then, this Christina Aguilera got up on the stage and proceeded to sing the National Anthem. I darn near threw up! I have never heard of anything so disgustingly horrible in all my life. She groaned, she growled, she went off the original musical score for OUR National Anthem, she forgot the words, she was a total disgrace. God help us if other countries think that this is all we think of OUR National Anthem. She is down there to lead us in singing it, not to put points on her resume', which I don't believe she could. I don't think there was one soul who could sing OUR National Anthem the way she croaked it out! The football players who usually stand there with their hand on their heart were looking upward for the fly-by and didn't show any respect for OUR National Anthem.

Sorry to vent my spleen, but I was totally ashamed of her and the powers that be that did not insist that she sing that song with the respect that is deserved. Yes, I know that it was originally a bar song, but that was almost 200 years ago.
Yes, I know that we are the land of the free, but we are also supposed to have some plain old simple common sense and use it when we are singing OUR National Anthem.

Edie