Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by gaigai
Oooh, Julie, I think your OBW looks GREAT!! That is obviously a great fabric for OBW's, and it's looking good. I know THE OBW QUEEN will agree! :mrgreen:
Who would that be then? :mrgreen:

Julie I take your point about the flowers BUT I think it really truly works because you've split out the colours thereby changing the fabric completely (and improving it IMO!) Your border ideas sound great to me and YOU FOUND OUR FABRIC!!!! Hooraaaayyyyyyy!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :lol:
I have to admit that having a design wall (YAY!!!) to hang it on and really get the chance to move it around and play with it for a few days has made a BIG difference in the way I feel about it now. I was really ready to give these blocks away and never try it again!

Yep, the fabric was at my Wal-Mart! I forgot to see how much to get so I ended up with 4 yrds. I figured that would at least give me a decent center piece. I forgot though that I will need the squares too for the octogons. I may go back and get some more in the next few days before it's gone. It's really a beautiful fabric! Won't even start cutting this one until I finish the other top. I have a couple other projects that I am working on at the same time so I don't want to get things mixed up.