Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 AM
HisPatchwork

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I have had a hard time finding info on this machine. I found a manual..without a picture on front..so I am not sure if it is this one or not. It had Robert Nelson & Co. on the front. Manufacturer of Domestic Machines. London and Branches. I looked up the co. and found a journal from someone whose grandfather managed a Robert Nelson & Co store in Hastings. It showed a picture of the storefront. Sounds like I found alot of info, but not on the machine itself. I may get the manual just to see. The sample page they showed was a ruffler....same as the one for my Singer treadle. I need to find out what vibrating shuttle means. Both of mine have the same type of bobbin shuttle, so maybe it is the corect manual.
Go to this site it will explain what the VS means.

I can't find any information either, but I sure like the machine. I'd buy it in a heatbeat if I found one like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbin_drivers

Nancy
Thank you, I found out that is what mine are. Maybe my brother or his wife can find something else out for me...maybe find some attatchments for me. They are living in England now. Didn't think about that until now.