View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Roben

Very well said, Patrice :D

I participate in a few swaps each year, and like most I treasure what I receive. I don't worry about what I send, because of my other 'hobby' - bargain hunting at quilt shops! I get more fun out of my bargain hunting than should be legal in most places :wink:

I can see where it would be possible to assume that I spend tons of money on high dollar quilt shop fabric, but nothing could be further from the truth. I think it is genetically impossible for me to pay full price for anything. Today I had convinced myself that I'd have to pay full price for more background fabric for my current project - only to find it half price at the after-Christmas sale :shock: I admit, after I felt my first piece of Red Rooster, I was hooked on good fabric. Everything I touch, I unconsciously compare to it. It doesn't matter where I'm at - quilt shop, Joann's, Hancocks - if it doesn't feel that nice, I just can't bring myself to buy it - not because of what anyone may think of me, but because of how I feel when I'm sewing with it. That's the feeling I want to pass on to my quilting sisters!