Thread: Busted!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by sewmom
When I started this post, I didn't know that it would start such a big turmoil, so I will try to set you straight. I thought it was funny when he said that. He is retired, but consulting,so it's like working one job and being paid for two. Money isn't really the issue unless i overspend when he is NOT working anymore. Sometimes I do spend too much on fabric, but I really do have plans for most of it. (Hopefully I'll live a really long time) He really doesn't say a lot about my hobby and knows that he spends money on what he wants. Neither one of drinks or smokes or has any other bad habits. We have talked about a hobby budget so we're Ok there too. I make quilts for gifts and he got a great one for Christmas. We've been married 33 years and did have some lean times when our kids were small-I hardly sewed at all then. Plus he just bought me a Janome 11000 for Christmas and paid cash for it. I think It just never dawned on him how long I've been gathering my stash and if I didn't have it stacked on the table at the time, it wouldn't have looked like as much. I really only have maybe 2 tall bookshelves of fabric that is a yard or more and that includes the fabric that I have gathered for 7 quilts. I have all that I need for them except 2 backs. So I'm not worried that he's got underlying issues-he'd tell me for sure. And sometimes I do feel guilty when I over spend-but I drown it in Fabric. :)
I'll bet he really likes that gorgeous quilt too. and he can't be too upset if he bought you that great machine.