View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Ducky, get you preening away there, you are beautiful and you know it LOL.

Glad you are going to join us and of course you can´t join unless you are prepared to shop till you drop for fabrics. The more the merrier.

By the way ladies, I just posted a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls on Lacelady´s blog, go look, looks easy peasy to me going to try at the week end. However it refers to Castor Sugar and I have already had a query on that, I have no idea what you call that in the States.

Elle
I'll pop in here, it was superfine sugar, Elle.
Ducky I think it will be great for you to join in - it isn't going to be a race here, and I suspect as the summer progresses and people go on holiday etc., the schedule might not always be kept up with, and you can keep those people company.

Although the author of the book uses tons of different batiks, I think you could make a really beautiful quilt with scraps from your stash, or if you want a more structured version, they I would look for small quantities (fat eighths or quarters) of two or three shades of colours in your preferred palette.

I am trying to use pinks, blues, lilac/purples, and various greens for leaves, but with a few odds and ends thrown in. The original also has yellows, oranges, reds in fact, quite a rainbow of colours.