View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
desertrose

Originally Posted by Dreaming
Ok, I finally did it. I dragged out my fisrt quilt from it's case and took pictures, so I could show it off to everybody. I started quilting about ten or so years ago. The only time I had ever sewn before was home ec in 7th grade. My mom had started making quilts and I thought, "I can do that". So my husband bought me the top of the line "Pfaff" sewing machine, (not knowing if I would even like sewing or not. Lucky for him and me, I did). My mom and I had been doing estate sales and I found a picture of a quilt that I knew I had to make. My mom thought I should start with something simpler, so I wouldn't get discouraged. But, I was determined. Anyways, here it is. I'm very pleased how it turned out. Debbie Giesler did the quilting.

You must have inherited your mom's quilting genes and eye for color blending. This is just the beginning for a great quilting career. Your DH must have had faith in you and your abilities to have purchased you such a great machine to start with. Love it ! :thumbup: